Sunday, December 23, 2007

Wishes to YOU from Rolly thru Annamanila

Don't you sometimes read something and it hits you smack where your tenderness resides? This Christmas message written by Rolly Lampa, my ole high school friend, did it to me.

With Rolly's permission, I pass on these beautiful Christmas thoughts, wishing with all my heart I had written it myself for ALL OF YOU.


Christmastime is always a season of hope …. and a time for wishful thinking. These are the things I hope for and wish for you.

I wish you holidays of remarkable evenness and ordinariness. Not rollercoaster days of emotional peaks and troughs. No ecstasies or tragedies. Just days of quiet. Days you can curl up on a sofa and read a pocketbook or watch an old movie. Days of peace.

I wish you days of long forgotten pleasures – an extra half-hour in bed in the mornings; light traffic all the way to office or to the mall; short queues at the check-out counter; steaming hot coffee or frosty cold beer at the appropriate times of the day; the light of your life wearing a silly old thing that reminds you of a moment in your courtship when you both were young and the world was young with you.

I wish you days of small, splendid joys - the car pulling out from the parking bay just as you happen to turn into the parking lot; the shop assistant/office receptionist actually smiling up at you as you come in; an unexpected email from an old friend; a favorite song you haven’t heard in years now playing on the car radio; the keys or your eyeglasses just where you thought they would be; your kids (or grandkids) rushing in with a garbled greeting and a tight hug and a warm look around the eyes that says they’re actually glad you’re home.

I wish you little nuggets of happiness … the peace-be-with-you moment at midnight mass when you turn around to your loved ones and embrace and kiss each other; the count-down craziness on New Year’s eve; the warm sand on your bare feet at the beach; the tiredness at dusk on an outing that was just perfect. At such times, you get the feeling all is right with the world and the heavens.

Drive safely. Enjoy the year-end break. Be happy. God bless.

Rolly and Lynn Lampa

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annamanila. I'm in Ilo-ilo City. Haven't been to Payless yet. I love the Christmas message. I wish I had written it or received it myself. I wish you the same sentiments as what Rolly and Lynn Lampa had wished for you. Merry Christmas!

BTw, I have an award in my blog for you.

Ramon Jose said...

what a wonderful gift to receive anna. you're lucky to have a thoughtful friend who wish these things for you.

merry christmas to you and your family, and may you all be doubly blessed in the coming year.

Anonymous said...

Anna, just want to wish you my friend, a Merry Christmas before I get busy again for the big day tomorrow at work.

exskindiver said...

be well my friend, MC.
thanks for being a friend.
merry christmas.

Leah said...

Beautiful wishes indeed.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.


And to Rolly and Lynn as well.

http://mga-munimuni.com/

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Myrna. :-)

-snglguy-

docemdy said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet. merry christmas to you and your family am. hope to see you again :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna :-)
Happy Christmas to you and your family... all the best!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Leah. Merry Christmas to you and your family. May you have a memorable Christmas celebration with your loved ones. God bless.

Heart of Rachel said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful message. Merry Christmas to you and your family. May the Lord continue to bless you and your loved ones.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi again Myrna. I have so many windows open that I think I may have accidentally sent you a wrong comment. If I did, please pardon me and kindly erase it. Thank you. Happy Holidays!

Gina said...

..and the j,x,q or z hitting the dark blue square,
the word that its part of covers the pink or the red,
all the letters you need to make that coveted bingo,
And the Scrabble fairy be always kind to you!

Merry Christmas to one of my most favorite Scrabble buddies! =)

Anonymous said...

merry christmas and a happy new yeat to you and to your family, Anna! I wish you all the best for 2008. God bless!

Lizzz said...

Merry Christmas PNM mom!

Lizzz @ www.zitrozil.net

Anonymous said...

a merry and meaningful Christmas to you and your family, ma'am anna!

Princess said...

Hi, Anna, I know this is so belated, but nevertheless, Merry Christmas and let me be early in greeting you a happy, prosperous and healthy New Year!
That was a great wish (or wishes) and just like you I also wish I had written it myself!!! So simply written and yet so sincere and meaningful!
God bless.
Princess

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours. May you have a bountiful and prosperous 2008 !

noemi said...

Happy New Year! I know this year will be another milestone for you. Wishing you all the blessings the year can give.

Anonymous said...

happy new year anna. may 2008 bring happiness, good health and good luck to you and your family.

Abaniko said...

This 2008, I wish you "Jesus" because when I wish you "Jesus," I wish you everything (good).

Wenchie said...

Happy New Year AM...Wish you a bountiful and blessed year ahead...

sheilamarie said...

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year, AnnaManila!

Anonymous said...

happy new year, anna! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Anna! Busy ka sa granddaughter mo, ano? hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Those are indeed very beautiful wishes. Still chewing... :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and friends, tita! :) May 2008 bring more blessings to everyone :)

ysrael said...

I knew it's kinda late, belated merry christmas and properous new year to you.:)

duke said...

ay can you wish me an extra WHOLE hour in bed in the mornings? or make that TWO. please? hehehe. tenks.

Stat Counter